Thursday, September 3, 2026

Andrew Garfield Hasn’t Seen ‘Spider-Man: Brand New Day’ Yet and Insists He’s Not in ‘Avengers: Doomsday’

 Andrew Garfield attended the premiere of his movie "The Uprising" in Los Angeles on September 2, 2026, at the DGA Theater.(Photo by Gilbert Flores/Variety via Getty Images)


Andrew Garfield hasn’t reached out to Tom Holland yet to talk about the big success of "Spider-Man: Brand New Day" or "The Odyssey." 


He has a good reason for that—he hasn’t seen either movie yet.

At the premiere of his new movie "The Uprising," Garfield said, “I don’t want to be disingenuous.

A movie making money and people going to see it is an incredible thing, but I will reach out to him once I’ve seen 'Spider-Man,' which I’m very excited to see.And his other film, 'The Odyssey,' I haven’t managed to see yet.I will send him a message when I see the work he has done.”


Garfield played the web-slinger in two Spider-Man movies and returned for "Spider-Man: No Way Home," starring alongside Tom Holland and Tobey Maguire.


But Garfield isn’t surprised that "Spider-Man: Brand New Day" has already made over $891 million in the US and is expected to hit $1 billion in North America alone.

He said, “Everyone has ownership over him, he’s everybody’s, and he’s decent and he’s good and he’s ordinary, and he’s extraordinary like all of us.

It’s impossible not to see yourself in that character.”


When asked if he would be in "Avengers: Doomsday," Garfield said, “I’m not.” 


I reminded him that he once lied about not being in "No Way Home." He smiled and said, “You’ll find out, I suppose, one way or another.”


In Paul Greengrass’s "The Uprising," Garfield plays a fictional character who leads a rebellion of thousands of commoners against King Richard II in 1831.



Director Paul Greengrass said Garfield did most of his own stunts for the many fight scenes in the movie.

Garfield said, “I allowed my team to do what they could manage.I’m not a young guy anymore.It was a lot of ice packs on the knees.”

No comments:

Post a Comment