Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Parker Finn’s ‘Possession’ Remake Sets Summer 2027 Release Date

I'll admit, I was a little nervous about Parker Finn's remake of the cult classic, Possession.It's intense, scary, and really personal, and it's one of the best horror movies ever made.But the more I saw about the cast, the more excited I became.Paramount Pictures seems to think they might have a hit, as Variety says they've set a summer 2027 release date.


The movie stars Margaret Qualley from The Substance, Callum Turner from Green Room and Victor Frankenstein, Paul Dano from Prisoners, Diego Calva from Babylon, Madeline Brewer from Cam, Emory Cohen from Marty Supreme, and Nicholas Alexander Chavez from Monster.


The original film is about a woman who starts acting really strange after asking her husband for a divorce.

At first, people think she's cheating, but it turns out to be something way worse.


When it first came out in 1981, the movie was banned.

It was directed by Andrzej Zulawski and starred Isabelle Adjani and Sam Neill.Adjani won Best Actress at Cannes for her role.Even today, it's seen as one of the greatest horror films ever made.It's also one of my favorite movies.What Zulawski did with Possession is amazing, and Adjani's performance has only gotten more famous over the years, with movies like The First Omen even referencing it.


We don't know much about the new version's characters, but honestly, I don't care who plays who anymore.

I loved Smile 2 so much and this cast is so good that I'm starting to think this remake of one of my favorite films might actually work.


Robert Pattinson is producing through his company Icki Eneo Arlo, along with Roy Lee from Vertigo Entertainment (known for Weapons and Crystal Lake).


Possession will be in theaters on June 11, 2027, through Paramount.

No comments:

Post a Comment