Sunday, August 30, 2026

Melinda French Gates Doubles Olivia Rodrigo’s Daisy Chain Fields Donation Sum Bringing Total to $20 Million

Olivia Rodrigo shared on Friday that Daisy Chain Fields had collected $10 million for women-focused charities.Soon after, Melinda French Gates added another $10 million, making the total donation reach $20 million.

Before her main performance on Saturday night, Rodrigo took the stage to thank all the musicians who helped with the festival.
She said, “I’m really thankful that they took time from their very busy schedules to come and do this festival for free.Because of that, and because of all of you who came to be here today, I can stand here and say we are donating $10 million to 10 amazing charities.”

She continued, “I really believe that helping women make their own choices and live healthy lives without violence or discrimination is the best way to improve the world.
And I don’t know many people who show that idea more than Melinda French Gates.”

Rodrigo praised Melinda, saying, “She’s one of the most inspiring women I’ve ever met.
She has spent her life helping women and girls who might not have had much support.She’s generous and brave, and she has done so much good in the world.I’m really amazed that she not only came here tonight but also promised to double every dollar we raised today, bringing the total to $20 million.I’m so thankful!”

The 10 organizations that will receive equal shares of the funds are Baby2Baby, Black Mamas Matter Alliance, Center for Reproductive Rights, FreeFrom, Jhpiego, Johns Hopkins Center for Indigenous Health, National Domestic Workers Alliance, National Institute for Reproductive Health, National Women’s Law Center, and Planned Parenthood.

2026 was the first year of Daisy Chain Fields, announced in June.
At a press conference on Friday, Rodrigo shared that $10 million had been raised for partner nonprofits.

She said, “The organizations we’ve worked with are doing very important work every day in the U.S.
and around the world.I’m thankful to everyone who bought a ticket, every artist who gave up their fee, every sponsor who supported a brand-new festival, and every donation that helped reach $10 million to support women and girls.”

Other performers included Chappell Roan, Mitski, Doechii, Bikini Kill, the Breeders, Garbage, Eli, Quiet Light, Rachel Chinouriri, Devon Again, and Not For Radio.
Special guests were Stevie Nicks, Karen O, and Lilith Fair founder Sarah McLachlan.Katseye was originally part of the lineup but had to withdraw on Thursday due to an injury to member Megan.

No comments:

Post a Comment