Monday, August 17, 2026

Hayden Panettiere, Actress on ‘Heroes’ and ‘Nashville,’ Dies at 36

 Hayden Panettiere, who played roles on shows like Heroes and Nashville, has passed away, her father told ABC News on Sunday.She was 36 years old.


Her father, Skip Panettiere, shared a statement with ABC News, saying, "We are deeply sad to share the tragic loss of our beloved Hayden.

She was an amazing person who brought so much love and happiness to everyone she met, both on and off screen." He also asked for privacy as the family handles this heartbreaking loss.


Details about how she died are not yet known. The Hollywood Reporter has contacted her representatives for more information.


Panettiere's acting career includes films like I Love You, Beth Cooper (2009), Scream 4 (2011), and Scream VI (2023).

She also played the lead role in the 2011 Lifetime movie Amanda Knox.


She had a relationship with Ukrainian boxer Wladimir Klitschko from 2009 to 2011 and again from 2013 to 2018.

They had a daughter named Kaya in 2014.Her younger brother, actor Jansen Panettiere, died in February 2023 from complications with his aortic valve at the age of 28.


In May, Panettiere released her memoir, This Is Me: A Reckoning, where she talked about growing up in the spotlight, her struggles with addiction and postpartum depression, and other personal challenges.



She spoke with THR’s Seija Rankin about her biggest revelations from the book, including whether she told people she would write about her personal stories.



"I was very careful with who I shared my stories with," she said.

"I felt strongly about telling my own stories in a way that was entertaining, without hurting others.I had people on my team I talked to about my ideas.My publicist is also a close friend, and I trusted her.I made sure that Vlad, my ex-fiancé and my daughter's father, wouldn't be upset.But beyond that, I just wanted to tell my truth — and it was mine alone."


Panettiere gained fame in 2006 with her role as Claire Bennet, an indestructible cheerleader, on the NBC show Heroes.

She stayed with the show for four seasons.


She became more well-known for playing Juliette Barnes on the ABC series Nashville from 2012 to 2018, and later as Kirby Reed in the Scream horror series.



In her memoir, she also shared how her character on Nashville started to feel like her own personal struggles, including her character's postpartum depression and alcoholism.



Her earlier work included roles in One Life to Live, Guiding Light, Malcolm in the Middle, The Object of My Affection, A Bug’s Life, and Message in a Bottle.



Born on August 21, 1989, Panettiere grew up in Palisades, New York, with her parents, actress-producer Lesley R.

Vogel, who helped manage her career, and Alan Lee "Skip" Panettiere, a retired New York City Fire Department captain.


She told Entertainment Tonight in 2023, "My first acting job was at 11 months old.

I did a commercial for Playskool Toy Train, but I’m not sure that counts as acting.I didn’t have lines, I was just playing." 


She also shared that her favorite role was playing Sheryl Yoast in Remember the Titans (2000).



"This movie was my favorite to film — what an amazing time in my life," she said.

"That’s just pure me.I was 10 years old.I had so many cute boys around me.Kate Bosworth was like my big sister and was close to everyone."


I mean, you have no idea how many times in my life I have wished and prayed — if I could go back to any time in my life, I would go back to Remember the Titans.



Panettiere was nominated for awards like the Golden Globes, Critics Choice Television Awards, Teen Choice Awards, and People’s Choice Awards for her role in Nashville.

Her performance in Heroes got her Teen Choice nominations and a Young Artist Award.She also won a Young Artist Award for her role in Remember the Titans.


Mike Barnes contributed to this report.

No comments:

Post a Comment