Ed Harris isn't happy with his role on "Dutton Ranch." During the premiere of Apple TV+'s "The Dink," he told Variety that he felt "misled" about how important his character was in the "Yellowstone" spinoff. He said halfway through filming Season 1, he was telling his team, "get me the fuck out of here."
Harris explained that before he signed onto the show, he was told he would be one of the four main characters.
But he said that wasn't true. Representatives from Paramount, Taylor Sheridan, and 101 Studios didn't respond to Variety's request for comment.
Harris said he shared his frustrations but didn't mention Sheridan directly.
"I said, 'I'm feeling underused and inconsequential,' and they kind of went, 'Oh,' " he added."I was told my character would have more to do in Season 2.I was just a little frustrated, to tell you the truth."
Harris said he felt "misled" about his "inconsequential" role on "Dutton Ranch" and that halfway through filming Season 1, he was telling his team to "get me the fuck out of here."
He explained that when he actually watched "Dutton Ranch," he thought it was "pretty good," and he felt his character was "relatively important to the story." But during filming, "it didn't feel that way."
On "Dutton Ranch," Harris plays Everett McKinney, a good-humored veterinarian.
He is currently signed on for two seasons.Though he suggested he was ready to leave the show, it's unclear if he's actually looking to exit.
Harris also recalled a scene where his character sings in a bar, only for the moment to be cut from the show.
He said that really upset him."So there's this scene in there...I'm talking to [Beth Dutton] at the bar, and [Rip Wheeler] comes in and says, 'OK, Everett, come on, it's your turn,' " Harris said."I walk up to the mic, and they cut it.They cut the song out.I'm going, 'Fuck you, people.'"
Harris said the production told him they cut the scene because it was "too 'up' for the dark ending of that episode." But at the time, he felt like that was "enough reason to say I'm voiding my contract."
"Dutton Ranch" launched its series premiere on Paramount+ on May 15.
The show follows Beth Dutton (Kelly Reilly) and Rip Wheeler (Cole Hauser) as they leave Montana to build their own ranch in South Texas.Other cast members include Finn Little, Juan Pablo Raba, Jai Courtney, J.R.Villarreal, Marc Menchaca, Natalie Alyn Lind, and Annette Bening.
No comments:
Post a Comment